I know that zucchini is mainly a summer veggie, but I’m all for going “off season” occasionally, especially if it’s in the name of ease and nutrition.
Here is the easiest, quickest version of the “classic” dish.
4 zucchinis, washed but not peeled
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1. Get yourself a zoodle maker. They can be as cheap as $5 or fancy pants expensive, if you want. Whatever gets the job done. Now zoodle away all four zucchinis.
2. Press the zoodles between paper towels to get rid of the excess water.
3. Drizzle the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and heat on medium heat.
4. Add the zoodles to the pan as well as the white pepper, walnuts & chili flakes.
5. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve them up with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, or smothered in your favorite pesto or red sauce. Loaded with potassium & antioxidants, you are cooking up a big batch of low-calorie nutritious deliciousness.