This is the latest in my Easy Vegan series. Two pans, but still super easy.
Caution: This is so darn good it will cause you to overeat!!!
1 tube of polenta (I like Trader Joes’ brand, if you can get it – very clean and vegan)
2 8 ounce carton of mushrooms (whatever type you like)
2/3 cup onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup vegetable broth
4 cups mixed greens
5 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, saute onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skilletl for about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute for another 7 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth and stir to warm for just a few minutes.
- Meantime, heat up 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet.
- Slice the polenta into 1/2″ thick rounds and add them to the heated skillet.
- Cook until slightly crispy on both sides (about 5 minutes per side).
- Remove polenta from pan and place on paper towel to drain a bit.
- Spread a cup of mixed greens on a plate, arrange 3 pieces of polenta on top and add the mushrooms on top of it all.
- Sprinkle a touch of sea salt & pepper to taste.
Enjoy your super food meal!