I’m all about making healthful cooking easy, because if it isn’t easy, we all end up in the drive-thru somewhere picking up dinner on the go, right? So I’m going to be adding some fast & easy recipes with very few photos so you can just see it, make it, eat it & love it. Here’s the first one:
- 10 brussels sprouts
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop your onion and saute it, together with the garlic, in the olive oil over medium heat until it’s translucent (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Get out your mandoline (or knife) and thinly slice the brussels sprouts and bell pepper.
- Add everything to the pan and saute until tender, about another 15 minutes.
- Eat it!
Serves 2 as a main course, or more if served as a side dish.
Delicious served on top of rice or all alone.