This is my go-to dessert for those times I am having a serious doughnut craving and need a quick fix (and no gluten). This is such an easy recipe that I even hesitate to call it a recipe. You can find Mochi at most health food stores. It comes in many flavors but my favorites for this recipe are cinnamon raisen and plain. Here’s what it looks like in a package:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, maybe more
- 1 package mochi
- cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar or brown rice syrup for topping
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cut the mochi into 2″ squares.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on a plate for just a few minutes.
- Garnish with your choice of powdered sugar, brown rice syrup or cinnamon sugar. Or create your own topping. Trust me, anything is good on top of these babies!