Yes, there are only 3 ingredients in this “recipe” and you don’t really need anyone to tell you how to make these little balls of deliciousness, BUT, I have a few tips to make them easy & successful every time.
8 ounces quality chocolate, the darker the better. Be sure to read the ingredients because not all dark chocolate is vegan.
2 teaspoons vegan butter
1 pound strawberries
1.Big tip number one: Use room temperature berries! Also, avoid berries with lots of green spots and those with bruises.
2. Wash the berries and dry thoroughly (second big tip) before dipping.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. (Butter is my third secret tip – keeps it creamy.) Once melted, keep the double boiler on low which also helps the chocolate stays creamy.
4. Dip in chocolate and place on wax paper in an air tight container so that the berries aren’t touching each other.
5. Place them in the frig. They need about 20 minutes to set.
6. Final tip: If you keep them in the frig too long the chocolate gets a white color to it. Not so pretty. Try to store in a cool place once the chocolate has set in order to prevent that white stuff.
Ta Da! You’re done. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces quality, vegan chocolate, the darker the better (for you)
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Wash and thoroughly dry the berries, keeping the little green tops on
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Line an air-tight container with wax paper.
- Dip the berries and place in the container.
- Pop in the frig for 20 minutes.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use dry, room temperature berries.
- Add butter to your chocolate.
- Don't store in the frig once the chocolate has set. Find a cool place to keep them so the chocolate doesn't get that white film on it.